For over 60 years, Schnabel Engineering, an employee-owned company, has been focused on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in geotechnical, geostructural, dam and tunnel engineering.
We are looking for a forward-focused Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to be a key member of the senior management team, and to partner closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Business Unit Leaders, Board of Directors and branch management to develop and implement strategy for the firm. Based in our Glen Allen, VA corporate headquarters, the CFO will oversee the firm’s strategic and operational finance functions and lead a team of approximately 20 professionals in the corporate business operations which includes finance and accounting, legal, and IT infrastructure services.
- Provide executive leadership and strategic direction to the firm’s financial operations.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term financial strategies in support of firm’s profitability objectives.
- Develop understanding of the business structure, focusing on streamlining the business support operations and leading change.
- Lead in all financial aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Oversee the firm’s cash position and develop investment strategies.
- Provide forecasting and financial reporting to senior management teams.
- Serve as an advisor to various financial committees and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee periodic and year-end audit and taxes.
- Collaborate with Corporate Counsel to ensure the firm is in compliance with jurisdictional and financial laws and IT Director to acquire appropriate IT assets.
- Ownership of external relationships for banking, audit, tax and insurance.
- Oversee risk management at the corporate and business unit levels.
- Assist with corporate policy development and implementation.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field is required; MBA and/or CPA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting at a CFO or VP of Finance level.
- Experience growing a professional services engineering firm organically and through mergers and acquisitions.
- Knowledge of employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) and the fiduciary obligations associated with an ESOP is preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Vision or other accounting systems technology used by professional services firms.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a U.S. government clearance.
Schnabel is an ENR Top 250 geotechnical engineering firm dedicated to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. We engage in a wellness program that offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and reward employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
If you have an interest in joining our team, please apply at below. Applicants are encouraged to apply by May 19, 2017.
Candidates must undergo a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check, plus a drug screen.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability